Autoplot needs a local space to run the full application. This is in $HOME/autoplot_data/, so it is at:
- /home/$USER/autoplot_data on linux/unix
- /Users/$USER/autoplot_data on a mac and Windows 7
- C:\Documents and Settings\USER\autoplot_data on Windows XP
Within this folder there are the folders:
- fscache/ area for the cache of downloaded files
- plugins/ jar files for new plugins go here, also jython-implementations of plugins. These are not used because of Webstart security. For local installations, this probably still works.
- bookmarks/ bookmarks storage and recent links.
- tools/ Jython scripts that are added to the menu bar under tools.
- pycache/ Python puts stuff here for its operation
The fscache can be moved using the Autoplot GUI to a different filesystem.