Autoplot Application (v2020a_5)
BufferDataSet's append method had new code containing a bug missed by automated testing. Hope everyone is healthy!
Autoplot allows plotting of data from many data sources, including remote CDF files and OpenDAP servers.
Datasets are identified with URIs, and by the URI's extension, data are loaded into the internal data model. Data are then
displayed by guessing the rendering method and axis ranges to provide a reasonable, useful view of the data. Data can then
be additionally processed with other operations like smooth and FFT, and Jython scripting provides a capable programming environment.
This is the Autoplot v2020a branch. This is an update to the production version containing bugfixes and minor new features.
Java 7 is now required. Java 8 will be required sometime soon.
Run with 4GB of memory (64-bit Java only): autoplot_4GB.jnlp
Single-jar version, autoplot.jar, can be run without network access and from the command line.
Mac DMG Release is available.
Bugfixes (2020-03-19 r24688):
- 2255: rfe711 was incorrectly implemented when appending two datasets. Thanks, Ivar!
- 0484: improve support for guessing aggregations, by looking at extent of digits and for constant digits. Thanks, Mike!
- 1146: condition where flipped axes and no yTagWidth guess would cause index out of bounds. Thanks, Mike!
- when custom renderer was used in script, rgb color data set could cause runtime error when autoranging.
- recent refactoring introduced an error with rank 4 BufferDataSets--whoops!
- DasPlot setTopDecorator and setBottomDecorator failed to invalidate the cached image and would not repaint immediately.
- append data source would fail if the first granule had less than 10 records. Thanks, Jon N!
- applyIndex function was preserving cadence, when it shouldn't.
- 2252: FFTPower with slide option can span records. Thanks, George!
- 2251: handle strange bug where GitLabs is suddenly adding "-/" to URLs
- 2249: copy plot, insert plotElements doesn't reset style and symbol size. Thanks, Jon N!
- 2249: copy plot, insert plotElements from clipboard would result in NullPointerException. Thanks, Jon N!
- 2250: .pngwalk file with spaces, which happens when Windows downloads files in the browser, are properly supported. Thanks, Chris!
- 2248: Jython script could not contain a space in the name of the resource URI when Jython Extensions were used, as with .sps files. Thanks, Shing!
- Jython addTab now checks to see if the added component has embedded scrollpanes (in split pane, for example) before adding a scrollpane automatically.
- rfe704: corrections to GUI generation. Thanks, kh6sky!
- 714: other improvements to image data source, like showing plot titles in completions.
- 698: support read of old Matlab .mat files, containing rank 1 or rank 2 data and structures and datetime arrays. Thanks, Chris!
- 714: ImageDataSource clip=T switch allows aggregation of images containing plotInfo.
- 713: GitHub support now supports branches.
Less recent features:
- 623: new addTopDecoration and addBottomDecoration functions added.
- Decimate of rank 2 BinaryDataSet is efficient, using rfe711. Thanks, Shing!
- RadioJove .sps reader now efficiently handles antenna parameter, using new BufferDataSource stride feature.
- 711: BufferDataSource now has stride parameter to supports datasets where two datasets are interleaved.
- 709: add experimental "Ok Save Next" button to PNGWalk Quality Control code to speed up common workflow.
- see Source Forge
- Bugs often have a four-digit ID and can be reviewed with https://sourceforge.net/p/autoplot/bugs/<ID>/.
- Features typically have a three-digit ID and can be reviewed with https://sourceforge.net/p/autoplot/feature-requests/<ID>/.
This completes the feature set for the new production branch. No major features will be added before branching this version.
A production branch will be started in a couple of weeks, and the "Start Autoplot" link at the top of
autoplot.org will run this version.
Feedback on the function and quality of this release is greatly appreciated!
Data is input from:
- ASCII files (.dat,.txt)
- CSV files (.csv)
- Binary files (.bin)
- CDF files(.cdf)
- Excel spread sheets (.xls)
- das2Streams (.d2s or .das2Stream)
- ViRBO's TSDS server
- CDAWeb data server (vap+cdaweb:)
- das2servers (vap+das2server:)
- QStreams (.qds), QDataSet on a das2Stream
- Plasma Wave Group das2 Server
- NetCDF files (.nc,.ncml)
- HDF5 files (.h5,.hdf5)
- DODs servers (.dds)
- Cluster Exchange Format files (.cef)
- Fits Format Files
- Images (.jpg, .png, .gif)
- Wav audio files (.wav)
This is not complete, and limitations include:
- Quantities of rank 3 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,pitch) are plotted by slicing.
- Quantities of rank 4 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,azimuth,sector) are plotted by slicing twice.
autoplot.org is the wiki website, and contains
more information than this launch page.