Autoplot Application (v2013a_1)
Improved support for ISO8601 time ranges.
Autoplot attempts to allow plotting of data from many data sources, including local files and OpenDAP servers.
Datasets are identified with URIs, and by the URI's extension a module is used to load the data into the internal data model. Data is then
displayed by guessing the rendering method and axis ranges to provide a reasonable, useful view of the data.
This is the Autoplot2012b branch. This is an update to the production version containing bugfixes and minor new features.
Java 6 is now required.
Single-jar version, autoplot.jar, can be run without network access and from the command line. Note CDFs are only supported
via the Java-based reader and Autoplot will attempt to use it when the C-based version is not available.
- Thread deadlock was showing up in Hudson tests.
- OpenDAP error feedback improved while CDAWeb's OpenDAP server is currently down.
- bugfix labels in ascii tables when units contain * / and ^.
- Bob had a short list of bugs.
- Bugfix in QStream reduction when Join dataset is reduced.
- rte_1999763719: malformed CDF gave the impression problem was with Autoplot
- "24 hours" / "60 minutes" works properly now (=24)
- plot id changes are propogated through the rest of the vap.
- filenames with spaces would cause problems again.
- SemanticOps.isTableDataSet wouldn't count rank 2 table with rank 2 ytags as table.
- 3611281: Clean up TSB requests when a set of plots shares a time axis. This bug would cause excessive hits to the das2servers.
- Test100 and other tests work properly again
- 3611375: waitUntilIdle properly counts an active editor as idle.
- 3611210: test002 occasionally hangs
- rte_0665049794: changes to improve handling of output from fftPower.
- rfe 3596086: CDF Java implementation now implements slice1 to save memory
- more corrections for Windows names like c:\foo\file.txt
- New ISO8601 range parser supports "2012-02-02T02:00/04:00"
- New timerange field types from http://tsds.org/uri_specification, including $x, hrinterval, subsec and periodic.
- Start list of open source components in help screen, report memory sizes in 1000*1000 byte units, not 1024*1024.
- Metadata veiw of dataset checks for JoinDataSets so they can be inspected, cadence is reported for each joined dataset.
- interpolateGrid introduced, which performs rank 2 interpolation when for 1-D X and Y grid.
- add createEvent method to make it easy to create events datasets in scripts.
- add fft that supports slide and windows but still provides access to real and imaginary components.
- add setLayout and fixLayout commands to jython.
- add getElementById to application controller.
Less recent features:
- add more efficient method for specifying das2server URIs that doesn't require parsing timeranges.
- scripts called from the command-line with --script= will reflect uncaught exceptions in exit status.
- test140 introduced, to support testing URI lists written by others.
- introduce autoplot_data/config/system.properties
- lanlNN can be made the default NN for testing now with a system property.
- data_$Y$m$d_$v.$v.$v.dat is now okay, which is more likely to be discovered by users than is $(v,sep)
This completes the feature set for the new production branch. No major features will be added before branching this version.
A production branch will be started in a couple of weeks, and the "Start Autoplot" link at the top of
autoplot.org will run this version.
Feedback on the function and quality of this release is greatly appreciated!
Data is input from:
- ASCII files (.dat,.txt)
- CSV files (.csv)
- Binary files (.bin)
- CDF files(.cdf)
- Excel spread sheets (.xls)
- das2Streams (.d2s or .das2Stream)
- ViRBO's TSDS server
- CDAWeb data server (vap+cdaweb:)
- das2servers (vap+das2server:)
- QStreams (.qds), QDataSet on a das2Stream
- Plasma Wave Group das2 Server
- NetCDF files (.nc,.ncml)
- HDF5 files (.h5,.hdf5)
- DODs servers (.dds)
- Cluster Exchange Format files (.cef)
- Fits Format Files
- Images (.jpg, .png, .gif)
- Wav audio files (.wav)
This is not complete, and limitations include:
- Quantities of rank 3 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,pitch) are plotted by slicing.
- Quantities of rank 4 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,azimuth,sector) are plotted by slicing twice.
autoplot.org is the wiki website, and contains
more information than this launch page.