Autoplot Application (20200718a)
Annotations can now be anchored to the plot edge in X and data location in Y. See the script.
Autoplot allows plotting of data from many data sources, including remote CDF files and OpenDAP servers.
Datasets are identified with URIs, and by the URI's extension, data are loaded into the internal data model. Data are then
displayed by guessing the rendering method and axis ranges to provide a reasonable, useful view of the data. Data can then
be additionally processed with other operations like smooth and FFT, and Jython scripting provides a capable programming environment.
This is the Autoplot v2020a branch. This is an update to the production version containing bugfixes and minor new features.
Java 7 is now required. Java 8 will be required sometime soon.
Run with 4GB of memory (64-bit Java only): autoplot_4GB.jnlp
Single-jar version, autoplot.jar, can be run without network access and from the command line.
Mac DMG Release is available.
Bugfixes (2020-07-18 r24961):
- axis reference property didn't load properly from .vap files.
Older Bugfixes (2020-07-13 r24952):
- Don't assume that LABLAXIS in CDF file is string data, and print a warning when it isn't. Thanks, Chris!
- Color Scatter from ASCII file, using X=, Y=, and Z= switches works again. Thanks, Sadie!
- bugfix: jump-to-line menu construction assumed classes were always inherited.
- vap+inline:randn(100),randn(100) was mistaken for a mash-up URI.
- selection area (yellow flashes) miscalculated for color scatter mode.
- 2269: SeriesRenderer would not clear exception, so returning to correctly-loading interval would not correctly display. Thanks Chris and Bill!
- occasional half-pixel error when position of image is calculated in SeriesRenderer.
- rte_1424143028: handle non-CDF file error on machine where memory mapping cannot be used.
- triple quotes could cause problems when parsing Jython file to get arguments.
- 1674: loose jython work by switching file.
- 2262: script editor undo's script load.
- 1983: jython error reporting doesn't check file name and can mark the wrong file.
- new irange function had a bug where it would return 1..4 instead of 0..3.
- Annotation splitAnchor allows annotation X position to anchor to plot edge while Y anchors to data.
Less recent features:
- X, Y, and Z, controls supported in ASCII editor.
- pngwalk animated gif output has option to shrink each frame by 60%.
- add lonarr(n) and lonarr(n,m) for storing CDF_TT2000 data.
- Das2 renderer ID is displayed in property tables and can be accessed by scripts.
- backgroundThick property added so that contrasting color is provided by SeriesRenderer. Thanks, Ivar!
- rank 2 replicate added. Thanks, Ivar!
- lastminute keyword added to times, to provide a way to refer to the last minute elapsed in real-time applications.
- see Source Forge
- Bugs often have a four-digit ID and can be reviewed with https://sourceforge.net/p/autoplot/bugs/<ID>/.
- Features typically have a three-digit ID and can be reviewed with https://sourceforge.net/p/autoplot/feature-requests/<ID>/.
This completes the feature set for the new production branch. No major features will be added before branching this version.
A production branch will be started in a couple of weeks, and the "Start Autoplot" link at the top of
autoplot.org will run this version.
Feedback on the function and quality of this release is greatly appreciated!
Data is input from:
- ASCII files (.dat,.txt)
- CSV files (.csv)
- Binary files (.bin)
- CDF files(.cdf)
- Excel spread sheets (.xls)
- das2Streams (.d2s or .das2Stream)
- ViRBO's TSDS server
- CDAWeb data server (vap+cdaweb:)
- das2servers (vap+das2server:)
- QStreams (.qds), QDataSet on a das2Stream
- Plasma Wave Group das2 Server
- NetCDF files (.nc,.ncml)
- HDF5 files (.h5,.hdf5)
- DODs servers (.dds)
- Cluster Exchange Format files (.cef)
- Fits Format Files
- Images (.jpg, .png, .gif)
- Wav audio files (.wav)
This is not complete, and limitations include:
- Quantities of rank 3 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,pitch) are plotted by slicing.
- Quantities of rank 4 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,azimuth,sector) are plotted by slicing twice.
autoplot.org is the wiki website, and contains
more information than this launch page.