Autoplot Application (20191004a)
HAPI 3.0 will support time-varying ytags. Bottom panel is same data from CDAWeb.
Autoplot allows plotting of data from many data sources, including remote CDF files and OpenDAP servers.
Datasets are identified with URIs, and by the URI's extension, data are loaded into the internal data model. Data are then
displayed by guessing the rendering method and axis ranges to provide a reasonable, useful view of the data. Data can then
be additionally processed with other operations like smooth and FFT, and Jython scripting provides a capable programming environment.
This is the Autoplot v2019a branch. This is an update to the production version containing bugfixes and minor new features.
Java 7 is now required. Java 8 will be required sometime soon.
Run with 4GB of memory (64-bit Java only): autoplot_4GB.jnlp
Single-jar version, autoplot.jar, can be run without network access and from the command line.
Mac DMG Release is available.
Bugfixes (2019-10-04 r24191):
- 2202: reset method needs to resize Autoplot GUI as well to support scripts.
- 2206: reduce=T supported in aggregation, before high rank datasets were not reduced.
- 2206: CDF library initialization sped up, noticeable when there are many variables.
- 2193: handle redirects, put in code for github.com to get vaps from github rawusercontent website.
- 2202: screen size of loaded .vap is often incorrect.
- 0356: add additionalClip property to SeriesRenderer, which will clip the lines which go far outside axis bounds (to -inf for example).
- 2122: new logic to decide if a slice popup is visible.
- don't print the layout string which was in there for debugging. Thanks, Jon N!
- Auralizer code would call expensive closestIndex routine unnecessarily.
- 2209: unbundle filter flips to 'Bx'.
- 2208: new das2stream reader returns BIN_PLUS where old would return two channels.
- 1359: limit difference in size of next and previous intervals to 10 times or 1/10th the size of the current interval.
- 373978553: add more diagnostic info to try and figure out strange RTE.
- aggregation would reload unnecessarily when files were missing at the end of the range requested.
- 2205: corrections to Windows file handling with recent files.
- 2202: flakiness with resetting the canvas size upon reset.
- 2200: correction to encoding of ARGB colors.
- 2201: rte_1268372737: CDF rvariables from Wind mission cannot load. Thanks, xfxy!
- 2200: support 100% transparent black in vap files.
- add GUI for smooth1 filter.
- record operations set by the FiltersChainPanel into recent history.
- 2196: XKCD font now embeds properly within PDF files.
- flatten now checks for PLANE_0 as well as DEPEND_0, to return X,Y,Z scatter data.
- 2198: remove unnecessary call to GUI code in HTTPFileSystem code, which would cause hang on Mac/SciPy/JPype.
- 2197: code to record recent times and operations would fail on Windows. Thanks, George!
- DDataSet gets addValues(qds) so that high-rank datasets can be accumulated quickly.
- new signature for JNLP release.
- add pointAtOffset to annotation command
- 696: support for HAPI 3.0 references.
- IFFT takes Real and Complex spectra to make a waveform.
- ScriptGUIServlet allows script to be run, creating web GUI for parameters and displaying the output.
Less recent features:
- 696: initial support for HAPI info responses with references and time-varying DEPEND_1.
- 693: CDF editor has sort alpha checkbox.
- 693: CDF editor filter is regular expression and case insensitive.
- AutoplotServer supports relative URIs.
- Jython fix imports reports the name of the routine with the old name.
- 693: CDF dialog now allows filtering parameter names.
- 694: escape keypress will exit data source editor dialogs, dispose after window closings.
- Plots now have background color property, which is 100% transparent black by default.
- add binMeanAverageDeviation to calculate the deviations in each bin for binAverage2d
- binAverage2d filter added for doing 2-D histograms of x,y,z buckshot scatter data.
- see Source Forge
- Bugs often have a four-digit ID and can be reviewed with https://sourceforge.net/p/autoplot/bugs/<ID>/.
- Features typically have a three-digit ID and can be reviewed with https://sourceforge.net/p/autoplot/feature-requests/<ID>/.
This completes the feature set for the new production branch. No major features will be added before branching this version.
A production branch will be started in a couple of weeks, and the "Start Autoplot" link at the top of
autoplot.org will run this version.
Feedback on the function and quality of this release is greatly appreciated!
Data is input from:
- ASCII files (.dat,.txt)
- CSV files (.csv)
- Binary files (.bin)
- CDF files(.cdf)
- Excel spread sheets (.xls)
- das2Streams (.d2s or .das2Stream)
- ViRBO's TSDS server
- CDAWeb data server (vap+cdaweb:)
- das2servers (vap+das2server:)
- QStreams (.qds), QDataSet on a das2Stream
- Plasma Wave Group das2 Server
- NetCDF files (.nc,.ncml)
- HDF5 files (.h5,.hdf5)
- DODs servers (.dds)
- Cluster Exchange Format files (.cef)
- Fits Format Files
- Images (.jpg, .png, .gif)
- Wav audio files (.wav)
This is not complete, and limitations include:
- Quantities of rank 3 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,pitch) are plotted by slicing.
- Quantities of rank 4 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,azimuth,sector) are plotted by slicing twice.
autoplot.org is the wiki website, and contains
more information than this launch page.