Autoplot Application (20190727a)
SeriesRenderer errorBarType=SHADE can be used to highlite a region. The script.
Autoplot allows plotting of data from many data sources, including remote CDF files and OpenDAP servers.
Datasets are identified with URIs, and by the URI's extension, data are loaded into the internal data model. Data are then
displayed by guessing the rendering method and axis ranges to provide a reasonable, useful view of the data. Data can then
be additionally processed with other operations like smooth and FFT, and Jython scripting provides a capable programming environment.
This is the Autoplot v2019a branch. This is an update to the production version containing bugfixes and minor new features.
Java 7 is now required. Java 8 will be required sometime soon.
Run with 4GB of memory (64-bit Java only): autoplot_4GB.jnlp
Single-jar version, autoplot.jar, can be run without network access and from the command line.
Mac DMG Release is available.
Bugfixes (2019-07-27 r23975):
- 2194: handle case where StreamDescriptor no longer recognizes a packet because the id has been recycled, dropping a record.
- QStream toAscii would use formatter which didn't support doubles with large negative exponents, showing "0"...
- das2server TCA (ephemeris) URIs now load based on needed resolution.
- findbugs fixes, where difficult thread warning IS2_INCONSISTENT_SYNC is resolved.
- "Check URI" monitor wasn't centered on the application.
- error bar thickness should be the same as the line thickness.
- rte 1858002116: check for null from "where" list in NetCDF, HDF and CDF dialogs. Thanks WRF!
- continue round of FindBugs cleanup. (Yay, below 100!)
- 2188: makeCanonical corrects double-slashes (//) fixing the bug.
- 2189: corrections to clipping in DasPlot, a bug seen with scrollbars on Linux. Thanks, Ivar!!
- remove class DatumRangeUtilOld, which is not used.
- rte_1076158178: avoid runtime error when zero-length dataset is added to the DataPointRecorder. Thanks, Darrelle!
- 30 findbugs warnings fixed.
- file:///home/jbf/auto<C>plot.vap returns all files starting with "auto", not the file browser for .vap files.
- 2187: support trim(1,'2Hz','4Hz') with rank 2 depend 1. Thanks, Kristoff!
- 2185: when a joined zero-length dataset is encountered temporarily catch the error so that other functionality is still accessible. Thanks, Firdevs!
- 2149: rte_1223982323 corrected, where code assumed binding was to another axis, when it could be dom.timeRange. Thanks, lehanson!
- 2184: bug with plot(1,...) when (1) is moved to plot above. Thanks, Kristoff!
- Masafumi needed to load TCA data from a das2server at 1ms resolution.
- 2182: DESCRIPTION metadata is loaded from CDF files, propagated, and formatted properly. Metadata tab displays DESCRIPTION properly.
- ftp filesystem supports .gz files (though they are still not cached properly). Thanks, Bob!
- rte_0195003323: avoid runtime errors on event thread when when enumeration units get into the wrong place.
- finally clip the legend and message bubbles to within the plot boundaries. This has been bugging me for a while.
- loosen constraints on CDAWeb reader for all.xml, in anticipation of website changes CDAWeb will be making.
- autolayout code has sanity check on ymin, where a bug in AutoplotServer when the vap size in pixels is changed.
- Work towards making Gold timetags available (Autoplot offers them now but there's still an issue with the NetCDF library).
- Gold Mission CDF file requests "image" for display type, and this should be ignored.
- 1960: NetCDF/HDF5 reader reads global attributes into metadata.
- vap+wdc works again, after discovering that new code assumed there was an extension.
- rfe545: "Run Batch" tool has menubar for loading and saving parameter lists, and export results to CSV.
- rfe689: Das2 series renderer now had ErrorBarType=SHADE using a shaded region to show error interval.
- Base64 class replaced with Java 8 version, to get ready for the Java 8 upgrade.
- rfe689: Das2 series renderer now has ErrorBarType, which can be BAR or SERIF_BAR, and soon SHADE.
- report the cadence in frequency as well as a period for timetags.
Less recent features:
- allow custom actions to be added to the Jython editor, so to support git experiments.
- rfe685: seriesRenderer now supports rank 0 data with a horizontal line at the value on the Y-axis.
- New Jython "runInParallel" simplifies parallel processing of Jython function.
- add ellipse function to more accurately model Jupiter surface for Juno graphics. Thanks, Masafumi!
- add access to Orbit renderer's tickLabeller property. (documented as bug 2183).
- DomUtil gets deleteDataSource operation, to support operations on .vap files.
- Scripting gets saveVap to work like loadVap, allowing Jython scripts to operate on .vap files.
- NetCDF global attributes are available in the metadata.
- see Source Forge
- Bugs often have a four-digit ID and can be reviewed with https://sourceforge.net/p/autoplot/bugs/<ID>/.
- Features typically have a three-digit ID and can be reviewed with https://sourceforge.net/p/autoplot/feature-requests/<ID>/.
This completes the feature set for the new production branch. No major features will be added before branching this version.
A production branch will be started in a couple of weeks, and the "Start Autoplot" link at the top of
autoplot.org will run this version.
Feedback on the function and quality of this release is greatly appreciated!
Data is input from:
- ASCII files (.dat,.txt)
- CSV files (.csv)
- Binary files (.bin)
- CDF files(.cdf)
- Excel spread sheets (.xls)
- das2Streams (.d2s or .das2Stream)
- ViRBO's TSDS server
- CDAWeb data server (vap+cdaweb:)
- das2servers (vap+das2server:)
- QStreams (.qds), QDataSet on a das2Stream
- Plasma Wave Group das2 Server
- NetCDF files (.nc,.ncml)
- HDF5 files (.h5,.hdf5)
- DODs servers (.dds)
- Cluster Exchange Format files (.cef)
- Fits Format Files
- Images (.jpg, .png, .gif)
- Wav audio files (.wav)
This is not complete, and limitations include:
- Quantities of rank 3 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,pitch) are plotted by slicing.
- Quantities of rank 4 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,azimuth,sector) are plotted by slicing twice.
autoplot.org is the wiki website, and contains
more information than this launch page.