Autoplot Application (20190402a)
Metadata tab provides a list of files used in an aggregation.
Autoplot attempts to allow plotting of data from many data sources, including remote CDF files and OpenDAP servers.
Datasets are identified with URIs, and by the URI's extension, data are loaded into the internal data model. Data are then
displayed by guessing the rendering method and axis ranges to provide a reasonable, useful view of the data. Data can then
be additionally processed with other operations like smooth and FFT, and Jython scripting provides a capable programming environment.
This is the Autoplot v2019a branch. This is an update to the production version containing bugfixes and minor new features.
Java 7 is now required. Java 8 will be required sometime soon.
Run with 4GB of memory (64-bit Java only): autoplot_4GB.jnlp
Single-jar version, autoplot.jar, can be run without network access and from the command line.
Mac DMG Release is available.
Bugfixes (2019-03-29 r23514):
- 2136: when initial load results in "no data" still support TSB.
- 2103: tick layout is done using floats, so that pdf output has uniform ticks.
- 1678: bind with the plot colorbar the source so that the new plotElements have to comply.
- 2133: detect LongReadAccess when CDF_TT2000 is used for timetags, so that CDF timetags can be formatted to ASCII with full resolution. Thanks, Eric!
- 2036: keep track of the parent of the monitor used for centering, after seeing that the hidden monitor would position properly when it becomes visible.
- 1629: getItem with index lists (ds[ idx0, idx1, 0 ]) works now. Thanks, Ivar!
- 2134: support rank 2 indeces, see https://github.com/autoplot/dev/blob/master/bugs/2134/
- 2036: monitors should be centered above the context which created them.
- 2132: aggregation with local files on Windows corrected when $Y/$m/$Y$m$d.cdf is used with network drive. Thanks, Seth!
- 2131: cdf editor does not say "0 records of CDF_FLOAT" when the CDAWeb source is used.
- 2131: datasource filters GUI is turned on whenever it is used. Thanks, Kris!
- 2131: re-implement where parent plotElement's component change implies that this child should change its component.
- 2126: review BASIC mode, where new components were added without considering this constraint.
- 2129: stacked histogram runtime error when there is no data and we are zoomed in.
- 2130: aggregate dialog doesn't replace the dataSetSelector address, which is confusing.
- 1762: two different codes were used to create GUIs for jy and jyds scripts, this is finally fixed, correcting a problem with .jyds layout as well.
- check for infinite min or max required that they both be infinite, now both must be finite.
- 2127: support CDF variables with trailing virtual fill records, when fill was never written. Improvements to the editor.
- 1310: experiment with code to check that a script has been run before.
- 1687: support documentation at completion "tp=TimePars<C>"
- rte_1199189909: reset zoom on image would result in runtime error. Thanks, Bob!
- 2111: Series renderer dataset reduction branch doesn't support sloppy units (rte_0195003323). Thanks, Kris!
- 2122: Autoplot appears off-screen on some windows configurations. Thanks, Scott!
- export to 2-channel wave with scale=T would clip because the shift was incorrect. Thanks, Larry!
- 0292: support $Y/$m/mms1_fgm_srvy_l2_$Y$m$d in automatic aggregation suggestions. Thanks, Kris!
- 2105: allow direct access of GitHub files, or other sites when the parent http folder listing results in error 400. Thanks, Bob!
- 24hr-at-perikrone events lists for Cassini.
- add menu item for cassini.perikrone.24hr orbit list.
- 2133: export CDF_TT2000 to ASCII to nanosecond resolution.
Less recent features:
- array dataset properties can be explored in metadata tab, providing access to file list. Thanks, Jon!
- 671: applyIndex is added to the list of filters, and now supports any index, and SubsetDataSet provides tool for resolving strings.
- nLargest function finds the M largest elements as an O(N log M) operation.
- format and cadence added to dataset command.
- rfe670: DEPEND_2 can now be rank 3. collapse, slice1, and trim are supported.
- new class completions on "g.<C>" (a kludge) to support graphics in scripts.
- reset will check for strange axes, supporting where a script has replaces the yaxis with a DasLabelAxis. Thanks, Chris!
- improve html version of pngwalk export to write separate pages.
- see Source Forge
- Bugs often have a four-digit ID and can be reviewed with https://sourceforge.net/p/autoplot/bugs/<ID>/.
- Features typically have a three-digit ID and can be reviewed with https://sourceforge.net/p/autoplot/feature-requests/<ID>/.
This completes the feature set for the new production branch. No major features will be added before branching this version.
A production branch will be started in a couple of weeks, and the "Start Autoplot" link at the top of
autoplot.org will run this version.
Feedback on the function and quality of this release is greatly appreciated!
Data is input from:
- ASCII files (.dat,.txt)
- CSV files (.csv)
- Binary files (.bin)
- CDF files(.cdf)
- Excel spread sheets (.xls)
- das2Streams (.d2s or .das2Stream)
- ViRBO's TSDS server
- CDAWeb data server (vap+cdaweb:)
- das2servers (vap+das2server:)
- QStreams (.qds), QDataSet on a das2Stream
- Plasma Wave Group das2 Server
- NetCDF files (.nc,.ncml)
- HDF5 files (.h5,.hdf5)
- DODs servers (.dds)
- Cluster Exchange Format files (.cef)
- Fits Format Files
- Images (.jpg, .png, .gif)
- Wav audio files (.wav)
This is not complete, and limitations include:
- Quantities of rank 3 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,pitch) are plotted by slicing.
- Quantities of rank 4 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,azimuth,sector) are plotted by slicing twice.
autoplot.org is the wiki website, and contains
more information than this launch page.