Autoplot Application (20140401d)
Y Axis now can be flipped.
Autoplot attempts to allow plotting of data from many data sources, including local files and OpenDAP servers.
Datasets are identified with URIs, and by the URI's extension a module is used to load the data into the internal data model. Data is then
displayed by guessing the rendering method and axis ranges to provide a reasonable, useful view of the data.
This is the Autoplot2013b branch. This is an update to the production version containing bugfixes and minor new features.
Java 6 is now required.
Single-jar version, autoplot.jar, can be run without network access and from the command line. Note CDFs are only supported
via the Java-based reader and Autoplot will attempt to use it when the C-based version is not available.
SourceForge has changed the numbering of all the bugs. If you go to the page
https://sourceforge.net/p/autoplot/bugs/, "Search Bugs" in the upper left corner can be used
to resolve old numbers.
- extraneous messages about can't serialize Level fixed.
- added Matlab "Jet" colorbar
- states include connector settings, this will be in v2014a .vap files
- embed data didn't work properly with local files, because of double slashes that matter in zip files.
- improve handling of ephemeris ticks (TCA) when TCA data has gaps by limiting interpolation gaps.
- getPropertyType had Number as the type of SCALE_TYPE, not String.
- fix layout looks for rows with the same ID and unused rows.
- rte1171026815: runtime error during transitions due to unplottable bundle stored in series renderer.
- #03B1; prints "xxx" so that its more clear that it should have been #x03B1;
- USER_PROPERTIES from Ascii reader caused crash when FFTPower was looking for Translation property. Thanks Scott for pointing this out!
- FileStorageModelNew renamed to FileStorageModel after 7 years...
- experiment with Jython setOutputParam where output parameters can be better documented.
- 1163: CDF editor should show hidden support variable when re-entering the dialog.
- JNLP clean up to avoid extra dialog. Thanks Andy!
- in the das2server data source, there was still icon loading off on the event thread, which I could see with my slow server.
- when the aggregating data source detects there are no files, use a monitor when getting the representative file.
- 2-channel .wav output fixed.
- index out-of-bounds warning on SubsetDataSet was mis-coded, issuing false warnings to logger.
- export of bundle dataset to multi-channel (stereo) .wav file didn't increment correctly and created half-empty mono file.
- clean up tooltips on documentation popup for Jython editor.
- Bob pointed out case where error bars would be left on the Series renderer display.
- more findbugs cleanup (down to 80)
- continue to remove synchronized code that could cause hangs
- add busy feedback to dataSetSelector web activity, since this can get hung up and the user has no indication of what's going on.
- periodic keyword for time parsing properly triggers TSB
- contour always had extra point (0,0) in result.
- clean up example in vap+inline GUI which was incorrect
- minor cleanup of wget-based file system.
- completions based on local cache folded case improperly.
- support EMFISIS hourly files when suggesting aggregations
- rte_0263418513: NetCDF spaces were not handled properly.
- clean up monitors, after seeing axis ephemeris / das2server would sometimes leave monitor hanging
- replaceFile dialog improved with pickfile button.
- allowEmbedData system property added to support maturing this feature.
- AP_WGET, AP_CURL, allowEmbedData added to autoplot_data/config/system.properties
- autoplot.jar launch script allows relative URIs, so "autoplot myfile.cdf" now works from command line.
- autoplot.jar launch script looks for JRE arguments (-J-Xmx4G) and introduces --headless
Less recent features:
- DataSetBuilder checks rank and argument count in one,two,and three argument constructors.
- DataSetBuilder can now take rank 0 datasets and Datums instead of doubles, setUnits added and improved support for bundles.
- open local data file shows .vap files as well.
- SemanticOps.xtagsDataset supports bundles
- DataSourceFactorysupports discovery to a non-GUI element to avoid having to create a GUI just to see if discovery is possible
- export CDF data allows the cdf variable name to be set explicitly
- step/scan button hidden on axis ends now scans to next available data
- time range tool shows all orbits, not just those around the current time.
This completes the feature set for the new production branch. No major features will be added before branching this version.
A production branch will be started in a couple of weeks, and the "Start Autoplot" link at the top of
autoplot.org will run this version.
Feedback on the function and quality of this release is greatly appreciated!
Data is input from:
- ASCII files (.dat,.txt)
- CSV files (.csv)
- Binary files (.bin)
- CDF files(.cdf)
- Excel spread sheets (.xls)
- das2Streams (.d2s or .das2Stream)
- ViRBO's TSDS server
- CDAWeb data server (vap+cdaweb:)
- das2servers (vap+das2server:)
- QStreams (.qds), QDataSet on a das2Stream
- Plasma Wave Group das2 Server
- NetCDF files (.nc,.ncml)
- HDF5 files (.h5,.hdf5)
- DODs servers (.dds)
- Cluster Exchange Format files (.cef)
- Fits Format Files
- Images (.jpg, .png, .gif)
- Wav audio files (.wav)
This is not complete, and limitations include:
- Quantities of rank 3 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,pitch) are plotted by slicing.
- Quantities of rank 4 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,azimuth,sector) are plotted by slicing twice.
autoplot.org is the wiki website, and contains
more information than this launch page.