Autoplot Application (20131018a)
Autoplot attempts to allow plotting of data from many data sources, including local files and OpenDAP servers.
Datasets are identified with URIs, and by the URI's extension a module is used to load the data into the internal data model. Data is then
displayed by guessing the rendering method and axis ranges to provide a reasonable, useful view of the data.
This is the Autoplot2013a branch. This is an update to the production version containing bugfixes and minor new features.
Java 6 is now required.
Single-jar version, autoplot.jar, can be run without network access and from the command line. Note CDFs are only supported
via the Java-based reader and Autoplot will attempt to use it when the C-based version is not available.
SourceForge has changed the numbering of all the bugs. If you go to the page
https://sourceforge.net/p/autoplot/bugs/, "Search Bugs" in the upper left corner can be used
to resolve old numbers.
- rte_0530313353: script window shows error locations again
- minor correction to completions in script editor when no characters constrain."x=<COMP>"
- export to .wav would truncate data to ints before rescaling
- harmless warnings caused by failed find style node cleaned up
- 1076: width=0 causes runtime error dialog (this is probably fixed, I couldn't demo the bug)
- rte_0956688396: ArrayIndexOutOfBounds with reset zoom
- rte_1219433822: Runtime error with export data when no option can be selected but "okay" is pressed.
- 1112: poor adapt of legacy TableDataSet from das2server
- 1111: AutoplotDataServer looks for $H in granules, switches to process by hour.
- 1104: new cache problems, in-memory cache limited to 5 seconds.
- 1106: contours render, copy plot elements down.
- 1109: vap setting of zaxis range not respected
- 1110: allow cdaweb master file to override LABL_PTR_1
- bugfix: new checks on http file size had a bug, since early Sept
- rte_1511776445: NullPointerException when exporting vap+inline:data_1,data_2 where data_1 is TSB. Thanks jcf!
- rte_2010191909: don't assume that the type of LABL_PTRs in CDF files are string array. Thanks Reiner!
- 1108: underimplementation of new jython script handling. Thanks Craig and Scott!
- 1107: das2server sends everything when TCA items are specified for non-TCA dataset
- clean up DEPEND_1/slice1 messages seen on stderr when plotting components of vectors.
- trim labels for CDF products, which sometimes contain extra spaces.
- massive findbugs cleanup to get below 300 flags
- rte_0750582163: throw NoDataInInterval exception so that is easier to understand that the parser was not properly configured.
- rte_0750582163: tweak the guess columns code so that it is able to see the columns GOES 13 files from NOAA.
- plotx properly supports renderType='contour>levels=0.1&color=blue'
- vap+cdaweb:ds=RBSPA_EFW-L2_VSVY-HIRES&id=vsvy_vavg correctly reads units as the single-file readers do.
- rte_0851835013: data point recorder forces .dat or .txt extensions
- rte_1906877305: okay press on select datasource without selection
- plotx(1,uri) didn't respect TimeSeriesBrowse
- script: is only allowed from first window, second window prints a warning.
- autorange for many renderers didn't look for log setting, forcing result to be linear when the dataset defaults wanted log
- rte_0369904082: orbit numbers when at the end of the known orbits
- ContextFlowView when image is smaller than 400 pixels in width.
- rfe 314: bugfixes to scriptServlet, which was broken since jython import
- 1102: feedback problems with slicers, rank 2 DEPEND_1
- 1101: trim with CDFs with rank 2 DEPEND_1.
- createPngWalk command line now returns success/fail exit codes
- experimental "now" allowed in timeranges like "2001-01-01/now"
- DataSetAnnotations allows us to cache repeat operations more easily
- rfe 327: pngwalks from event lists
Less recent features:
- rfe 326: jump to routine in jython editor
- rfe 322: Bookmarks for the Axis Annotations
- rfe 320: Jython automatic gui based on Jython Syntax tree, allowing more sophistocated scripts
- export to wave table clips to visible range, not wave packet boundaries
This completes the feature set for the new production branch. No major features will be added before branching this version.
A production branch will be started in a couple of weeks, and the "Start Autoplot" link at the top of
autoplot.org will run this version.
Feedback on the function and quality of this release is greatly appreciated!
Data is input from:
- ASCII files (.dat,.txt)
- CSV files (.csv)
- Binary files (.bin)
- CDF files(.cdf)
- Excel spread sheets (.xls)
- das2Streams (.d2s or .das2Stream)
- ViRBO's TSDS server
- CDAWeb data server (vap+cdaweb:)
- das2servers (vap+das2server:)
- QStreams (.qds), QDataSet on a das2Stream
- Plasma Wave Group das2 Server
- NetCDF files (.nc,.ncml)
- HDF5 files (.h5,.hdf5)
- DODs servers (.dds)
- Cluster Exchange Format files (.cef)
- Fits Format Files
- Images (.jpg, .png, .gif)
- Wav audio files (.wav)
This is not complete, and limitations include:
- Quantities of rank 3 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,pitch) are plotted by slicing.
- Quantities of rank 4 dimensionality (e.g. flux(Time,Energy,azimuth,sector) are plotted by slicing twice.
autoplot.org is the wiki website, and contains
more information than this launch page.