Purpose: define and think about GUI conventions.
Audience: developers, users should provide feedback
1. Jeremy email 2011/06/17
- those that are adjusted each session
- axis range and titles
- address bar locating data
- status bar
- those that are used infrequently, but need to be discoverable
- day of year vs Y-m-d
- change location of autoplot data cache
- those that have no cost
- GUI subpanel labels are links
- those that provide special function but are intentionally hidden, human-to-human or obsolete features.
Also, need to think about global properties vs component properties.
2. Additional Guidelines for GUIs
- textfields should never have tooltips, instead the label should have the tooltip.